All union members and friends of labor are invited on Friday night, April 22, between 6 and 8 PM at SEIU Local 87, 240 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco to help build Bernie’s California primary campaign.
The program for this important event includes the following:
- Greetings from our hosts at janitors Local 87, Sal Rosselli, president of NUHW, andMike Casey, president of the San Francisco Labor Council.
- Pat Wynne and the SF Labor Chorus will lead us in song—in fact, three new ones about Bernie!
- SF Supervisors, who are supporting Bernie, will be there—Aaron Peskin, John Avalos, and David Campos!
- Anand Singh, president of UNITE-HERE Local 2 will report on plans to bring Bernie to San Francisco next month to aid local labor struggles.
- Lisa Kermish from UPTE-CWA will describe the workplace canvassing we need to do over the next two months to win on June 7. (Canvassing materials will be available at the meeting.)
- New Sanders campaign labor out-reach coordinators Phillip Kim and Fernando Losada, on leave from CNA/NNU, will update us on their statewide activities, now underway.
- Christian Einfeldt, from NALC, will be recruiting more Labor for Bernie phone bank helpers.
- Rand Wilson, national Labor for Bernie coordinator and recently elected delegate to the Democratic National Convention will report on organizing for the convention in Philadelphia.